Receding gums can be treated at home, 100% holistically.
Many people suffer from receding gums, especially as we get older. The gums can look as if they are shrinking back and not covering as much of the teeth as they previously did.
There are treatments available for this if you visit your dentist, but there are some home remedies you can try too.
Receding gums can harbor bacteria, and can also cause tooth sensitivity or pain in the affected areas.
Reasons for receding gums can include everything from hormonal imbalances, poor dental hygiene and even due to smoking.
If you feel like your gums are receding but your don’t want to have corrective procedures just yet, try these simple steps at home first.
- Drink green tea. The antioxidants in green tea are known to help cure periodontal disease, this will strengthen the area connecting the tooth and the gum.
- Use dental products containing aloe vera. This is an incredibly powerful natural healer, it will heal any damaged cells that are causing your gums to recede.
- Try the practice of oil pulling. This involves holding a natural oil such as coconut in the mouth for a period of around 10-15 minutes. The oil draws bacteria out of the porous membrane in the mouth, ridding it of any bacteria and toxins.
- Use eucalyptus oil. This has been associated with dental hygiene for many years and can destroy any unwanted bacteria in your gums and mouth. You can buy eucalyptus oil from any health store, use 1 or 2 drops in small amount of water and use this to brush with on top of your dental routine.
- Extract from the Myrrh tree is also associated with dental hygiene. The resin has been used for years to treat mouth complaints including receding gums.
- Clove oil, know for its ability to cure toothache will also improve the general health of your mouth. Use a couple of drops massaged into the gums to feel the benefits.